This article contains news related to the Supreme Court verdict on abortion and discusses Texas Abortion Law 2022 Exceptions.
Are you aware of the recent verdict concerning abortion laws that will affect different provinces of the country? The supreme court of the United States has overturned the Roe vs Wade verdict ending the 49-year rule for abortions. With the demise of Roe vs Wade, the power of law-making for abortion will go back to the states now.
It is essential to know that Roe vs Wade gave each woman the right to take her own aborting decision. Texas Abortion Law 2022 Exceptions has discussed the implication of this decision in detail.
Exceptions in Texas Law for Abortion:
The Supreme Court Roe judgment passed forty-nine years ago virtually stopped the state’s power to make laws concerning abortion. It gave women the legal right to decide on abortion, and state law became ineffective after this verdict. Texas made its trigger law last year; some of its exceptions are listed below.
- The abortion banning law allows abortion to take place to save the life of pregnant women.
- The law also allows abortion to save any body parts of pregnant women.
Texas Abortion Trigger Law:
Texas has a long history of the fight against abortion, and Republicans always wanted a law to ban abortion in the state. Till now, the Roe verdict has made all the laws against abortion ineffective; still, Texan passed a trigger law last year.
- The law bans abortion after six weeks of pregnancy in the state.
- It has some exceptions for saving the life of patients.
- The trigger law will come into force one month after Roe’s verdict.
- Doctors could face life imprisonment or a fine of $100,000 for conducting abortion against the Texas Abortion Trigger Law in the province.
Trigger laws are not enforceable at present but will become enforceable if some changes in circumstances are made in their favour.
How will the Abortion law Impact Texas Citizens:
The Friday judgment of the apex court will have a far-reaching effect on all the country states. Many state laws against abortion or in favour of it will become enforceable now.
- Abortion access in Texas will not be possible.
- Locals will have to travel outside to get abortions.
- It may hurt maternal care.
- People will have to go outside to get abortion pills.
Texas Abortion Law 2022 Exceptions to Public reactions:
People are reacting differently to Apex court judgement as it brings much uncertainty about legal abortion. Some of the concerns of the public are mentioned below.
- Many legal experts believe that abortion providers will have to shut their centres.
- The recent judgement will lead to legal limbo affecting abortion providers and patients.
- Most activists believe that pregnant women’s health may be compromised.
There are around twenty-seven states in the country that allows Abortion, while thirteen provinces have the law banning it. The recent judgement will change many things related to abortion in the coming days.
Texas Abortion Law 2022 Exceptions believes people should understand the law in their state and move according to it. People can share their thought on the Roe vs Wade verdict in the comment section.
Also Read : – How Many States Will Ban Abortion (June) Updates Here